to Interpage's E-Mail Processing Menu!
Many Interpage Paging and Fax accounts are triggered into action by an e-mail message arriving at a given firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interpage's WWW Event Schedule Configuration Utility
(the direct URL of which is http://www.interpage.net/webreach/schedule) allows Interpage customers to control what happens when an e-mail message arrives in their Interpage account.
[ Back to Main | Overview | Features | Contacts ]
* Interpage's paging services allow you to be paged on any pager - either Alpha or Numeric, anywhere in the world, whenever e-mail arrives for you. You may have mail forwarded from your own account to Interpage, or you may have people send mail to Interpage for paging which will then be forwarded to you, or even both!. Additionally, Interpage customers may send Outpages, that is, send pages to any other pager in the world (not necessarily to Interpage customers), allowing you as a customer to page anyone else with a pager by simply sending an e-mail message. Interpage customers may also receive News, stock information and weather forecasts and more as part of their service package, as often as they wish, at any time of day or night. Unlimited 800 operator dispatch to your pager, e-mail, and/or fax is also available for an additional monthly fee.
* Interpage's InFax service allows users to have e-mail dispatched to any fax machine worldwide via our InFax(sm) service, which creates a "virtual" e-mail address (email@example.com, or you may have your own company name registered). When mail arrives at your firstname.lastname@example.org, it will be faxed to you instantly with our InFax service. If you have a fax and don't want to constantly check for new mail, you can now get your e-mail delivered to you automatically; you won't need to ever log on again just to check if you received new mail! (Note: The OutFax service, which is also triggered by e-mail messages, is described in detail, along with the InFax service, in our Fax Services menu.)
* Mail processing and our Permanent Mailbox on Interpage is the key to controlling all of your your E-Mail, Paging and Fax-based usage. Mail processing allows users to screen or filter out mail from certain users and groups, and to give them priority over regular mail or to block such mail from being paged, re-mailed, and/or faxed. As an Interpage user, you may set any number of screens, filters, and mail-forwarding parameters to allow you to better manage you mail, paging, and/or faxing traffic. You may schedule where you want mail forwarded, or when you want to be paged, or which mail will generate a fax, either in conjunction with or independent of each other. Customers may access and modify their e-mail forwarding, paging, and faxing schedules and regimes instantly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via our WWW or Telnet on-line interface. There is no limit to the variety of configurations you may utilize! Customers may also opt to use their Interpage account as a primary and permanent mailbox, which will then in turn forward mail to user-defined e-mail addresses, and/or to our POP Mail/Eudora server, which is available with most Interpage accounts (additional modest charges may apply). If you change e-mail providers often, or have a variety of providers but need one common address at which you can be reached, an Interpage Permanent Mailbox is the perfect solution!
* InterTalk(SM) allows you to access Interpage from any touch tone phone and have your e-mail read to you. You may hear header information, the body of your mail, or both. You may also send a brief reply, forward the mail to another e-mail address, or even fax it to any fax machine worldwide, all on the same phone call! Additionally, you may use InterTalk to configure your Interpage settings, such as adding new reminders, requesting a new stock quote for paging to your pager, or if traveling, to remotely add a weather-foreceast daily page for the cities to which you are traveling to.
1. Paging to any pager (Alpha or numeric).
2. User-Configurable page fields, i.e., users can select if they want Subject:, From:, Reply-To:, etc., fields to appear on the alpha pagers, or just the text from the message.
3. Weather, stock, news, lottery information, and more, all sent to your pager, fax, or e-mail account at any time of day, whenever you want it.
4. Coded paging to numeric pagers to identify the sender, time and date.
5. Fax Gateway Services - Extend your reach by having mail forwarded or sent to remote fax locations. Faxes can be scheduled and screened to allow specific e-mail to reach specific fax machines if desired. International faxing via the Interpage Fax Gateway offers non-US/Canada customers the ability to fax to the United States and Canada at rates which are usually dramatically lower than their domestic PTT/Telephone Company offers, as well as discounted faxing to the rest of the world. Non-Internet users can set up a fax forwarding entry on Interpage's system and have Internet users send mail to their address at Interpage, which will then be forwarded to their fax machine(s).
6. Fax-On-Demand - Allows customers to store fax information with Interpage, which will be sent out to people who mail the Interpage customer (whose mail requests are then forwarded to us) or who mail us directly with the specific information requested.
7. Access 24-hours a day to your Personal User Configuration by Telnet or E-Mail. Users may modify or alter their paging, fax, mail, and other options at will, as often as they wish.
8. A Reminder Schedule which users can set to alert them of upcoming meetings, important events, etc., on a one-time, daily, weekly, or weekdaily basis.
9. InterTalk(SM) Service access for remote control of your e-mail, fax, and personal user configuration. Set new cities for weather forecasts and have your e-mail follow you to the nearest fax while traveling.
10. Direct Paging - The ability to have people page you with a phone number directly from their e-mail accounts. This is particularly useful for Numeric Pagers, as anyone who needs to page you with a phone number could instead of calling your pager and paying for the call place the desired number to be paged in the "Subject:" field, which will then be sent to one or more of your pagers. A typical Direct Page would be sent as: Subject: dirpage 312-555-1212, just like sending regular mail!
11. The ability for a subscriber to page other pager-owners via E-Mail or Telnet by logging onto our system and dispatching pages directly. (The recipients do not have to be subscribers to our system.)
12. Users may receive pages on multiple pagers, and may use a set of restrictions to prevent pages from certain users, or to allow pages only from certain users or groups of users. These restrictions may also be applied to e-mail forwarding, which can also be used with multiple e-mail destination addresses. Restrictions may be set and modified at will by users via Telnet or e-mail.
13. Users may set a Daily Schedule of when they will receive pages and on which pager they wish to receive them. E-Mail can also be forwarded to varying locations based upon a flexible and dynamic scheduling system, all of which may again be accessed via Telnet or E-Mail.
14. Users can suspend paging at will by e-mailing Interpage a simple command or by using the telnet configuration menu. This is useful if you frequently log on for periods of time and don't require notification while logged on.
15. POP Mail / Eudora Access
16. "Paging" and E-Mail notification to in-flight GTE/Airphone Digital Service customers.
Or call us at +1 (617) 696-8000 / +1 (650) 331-3900.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have concerning our paging or other services!